Have you ever wondered how some people seem to have extra gear, turning their dreams into reality, while others struggle to get out of bed?
The answer might lie in the first few hours of the day.
Hal Elrod’s book ‘The Miracle Morning’ is more than just a book. It’s a new way of thinking about mornings that has changed people’s lives worldwide.
In this book, you learn how to make a morning routine that helps you succeed in every area of life.
Start your journey to success by investing time in yourself in the morning.
- Chapter 1 – It’s Time To Wake Up To Your FULL Potential
- Chapter 2 – The Miracle Morning Origins: Born Out Of Desperation
- Chapter 3 – The 95% Reality Check
- Step #1: Acknowledge the 95% Reality Check
- Step #2: Identify the Causes of Mediocrity
- Step #3: Draw Your Line In the Sand
- Chapter 4: Why Did YOU Wake Up This Morning?
- Chapter 5 – The 5-Step Snooze-Proof Wake-Up Strategy
- Chapter 6 – The Life S.A.V.E.R.S: The Six Practices Guaranteed to Save You From A Life of Unfulfilled Potential
- S is for Silence
- A is for Affirmations
- V is for Visualization
- E is for Exercise
- R is for Reading
- S is for Scribing
- The Miracle Morning (60–Minute) Sample Schedule
- Chapter 7 – The Six-Minute Miracle Morning
- Chapter 8 – Customizing Your Miracle Morning To Fit Your Lifestyle And Achieve Your Biggest Goals And Dreams
- Chapter 9 – From Unbearable To Unstoppable: The Secret To Forming Habits that Will Transform Your Life (IN 30 DAYS)
- [Days 1–10] Phase One: Unbearable
- [Days 11–20] Phase Two: Uncomfortable
- [Days 21–30] Phase Three: Unstoppable
- Chapter 10 – The Miracle Morning 30-Day Life Transformation Challenge
- Are You Ready To Take Your Life To the Next Level?
- About Author Hal Elrod
- Hal Elrod’s Life Journey
Chapter 1 – It’s Time To Wake Up To Your FULL Potential
Life begins each morning.
When a child is born, everyone thinks that they can be anything they want when they grow up. But how many of you have a life of choice, or do you settle in?
Hal asks, “Are you ready to stop settling so you can start living your best life: the life of your dreams?” He says that even successful people in one area, like business, tend to settle for mediocrity in another area, like their health or relationships.
Hal Elrod says there are three main reasons why everyone, even you, should try the miracle morning and make a difference in their lives.
- The work you put in is worth it. It helps you to be successful and happy.
- It would be best if you stopped settling. You must set goals and dedicate the time necessary to achieve them, personally, professionally, or financially.
- Your morning routine significantly affects your success in every area of your life.
Chapter 2 – The Miracle Morning Origins: Born Out Of Desperation
One morning, after a long night of agonizing over his situation, Hal followed a friend’s advice to go for a run. Although he wasn’t a runner, it lifted his spirits and cleared his head. While running, he listened to personal development audio from Jim Rohn.
Jim had repeatedly told him that:
“Your level of success will rarely exceed your level of personal development because success is something you attract by the person you become”
This philosophy changed the Author’s life.
Hal realized that the outer world will always reflect our inner world. We all want Level 10 success in all areas of our lives — health, wealth, happiness- but if your levels of personal development (knowledge, mindset) are not at level 10, then life will always be a struggle. We must dedicate time each day to developing ourselves into the person we need to be to create the life we want.
The solution is there, but the first challenge is to find the time to create a personal development priority.
First, the Author decides to get time in the evening, but then he realizes that the evening is for family time, and nobody can focus on something new after a whole day at work. There is no way to get extra time in the afternoon between work hours.
Finally, the morning time was considered. As we all know, the first hour of the morning is the most important time of the day. Everyone will likely be more energized, focused, and productive for the rest of the day.
The second challenge is what things should be done. Hal wrote down all the most life-changing practices that he had learned over the years. Still, he never implemented activities like meditation, affirmations, journaling, visualization, reading, and exercise.
After implementing his new morning routine, he saw significant improvements. Thoughts of depression were a distant memory. He was able to set goals, create strategies, and execute a plan to save his business and increase his income. And in less than two months, his income was higher than it was before the economic crash.
Chapter 3 – The 95% Reality Check
Our society comprises around 95% of individuals who settle for less than they desire in life. They often wish for more but fail to achieve their full potential, leading to regrets and a feeling of dissatisfaction. Therefore, we must ask ourselves: what steps can we take now to ensure that we don’t end up struggling like the majority?
Step #1: Acknowledge the 95% Reality Check
We must recognize that if we don’t try to think and live differently than others, we will likely have mediocre, difficult, unsuccessful, and regretful lives. Think about how our friends, family, and coworkers will feel if we don’t act now.
Set a good example by working hard and reaching our full potential.
Step #2: Identify the Causes of Mediocrity
Here are some relevant causes of mediocrity that you should avoid:
- Rearview mirror syndrome (i.e., living in the past).
- Lack of purpose
- Isolating incidents — every single thought, choice, and action shapes who we become. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that skipping one workout won’t affect your overall progress.
- Lack of accountability.
- Surround yourself with a mediocre circle of influence.
- Neglecting personal development.
- Lack of urgency.
Step #3: Draw Your Line In the Sand
The third step is to establish a clear boundary for yourself. Determine what actions you will take differently from today onwards.
It is crucial to make a decision today, not tomorrow, next week, or next month. You must be willing to make the required changes now to ensure you can achieve your desired life.
If you like The Miracle Morning, you may also enjoy the following
Chapter 4: Why Did YOU Wake Up This Morning?
Usually, nobody wants or likes to walk up early in the morning. The famous saying is that:
‘ You snooze, you lose.’
When you press the snooze button, you stop yourself from getting up and making the life you want.
The way we start the day affects how we feel throughout the day. Anyone can improve their morning routine by changing how they wake up.
The author introduces the concept of a miracle morning, which involves waking up early and spending time on six activities.
Get up early so you can do things that help you improve yourself. Here are some activities that we can choose as per the author:
Chapter 5 – The 5-Step Snooze-Proof Wake-Up Strategy
Hal provides five tips to help us wake up earlier.
- Set your intentions before bed: The last thing you think about before going to sleep will likely become the first thing you think about in the morning. The key is to actively and mindfully create a positive expectation for the following day in the subconscious mind every night.
- Move your alarm clock across the room: If we used to put the alarm clock beside the bed, we used to snooze it or turn it off. But if we put it away from the bed, this forces you to move your body. And then, you can go to the bathroom for the next step.
- Brush your teeth: As soon as you’ve jumped out of bed, head to the bathroom to clean your teeth. This simple act will help you feel motivated. Plus, you will have a fresh breath.
- Drink a full glass of water: It is essential to hydrate yourself first thing in the morning. After 6–8 hours without water, you may feel dehydrated while you’re sleeping, and dehydration makes you tired. After drinking water, the mind and body get hydrated and active quickly.
- Get dressed in your workout clothes: The writer thinks it’s best to exercise first and then take a shower in the morning. While you exercise, your body will get more active, and sweat will be released. And after 10 minutes, you must take a shower to feel fresh.
Chapter 6 – The Life S.A.V.E.R.S: The Six Practices Guaranteed to Save You From A Life of Unfulfilled Potential
The author introduces six personal development practices called the Life S.A.V.E.R.S. that you can use to tap into the powerful forces already in you. These forces will enable you to alter, change, or transform any area of your life.
These practices include Silence, Affirmations, Visualizations, Exercise, Reading, and Scribing.
Let’s look at each part in more detail.
S is for Silence
How was your morning schedule? Stressed? Lazy? Unproductive? To make it a calm and peaceful morning, you should start every morning with some silence. It is the best way to reduce stress immediately and helps you focus more on your daily goals and the most important work in life.
Here are some great silence-inducing activities to choose from: meditation, prayer, reflection, deep breathing, and gratitude. The author used to do these activities according to the time availability, once at a time or all at once together.
Meditation can be more effective than medication. Moreover, it requires very little time.
The author also shared step-by-step processes:
- — Find a quiet and comfortable place to sit.
- — Sit Upright and cross-legged.
- — Start taking slow and deep breaths, in through the nose and out through the mouth.
- — Now, start pacing your breath in slowly on a count of three seconds, hold for three seconds, and then release for three seconds.
- — Continue to follow your breaths and imagine inhaling positive and peaceful energy and exhaling all your stress.
- — Enjoy the moment. Just breathe… Just be.
A is for Affirmations
Affirmations allow you to design and develop the mindset (thoughts, beliefs, focus) needed to take any area of your life to the next level. We have an internal dialogue with ourselves the whole time and often talk ourselves down. The good news is that our programming can be changed or improved anytime.
We can reprogram ourselves to overcome our fears, insecurities, bad habits, and any current self-limiting, potential-destroying beliefs and behaviors. So, we can become as successful as we want in any area of our lives.
Hal provides some key points to make our own affirmation, which are;
- — What you really want
- — Why you want it
- — Who you are committed to being to create it
- — What you are committed to doing to attain it
- — Add inspirational quotes and philosophies
To make affirmations more effective, read them with emotions. You can even add them while doing deep breaths or exercising; it is a great way to use the power of the mind-body connection.
Affirmations will always be different; they will change according to goals and habits.
Finally, it would be best to consistently read your affirmations daily.
V is for Visualization
Visualization is a practice where you use your imagination to create mental images of positive outcomes in your life. This process can help you work towards your objectives and increase your chances of success.
Creative Visualization helps you make a picture that makes you want to imagine a better future.
To create your visualization,
- Get ready. Sit on the couch and breathe.
- Visualize what you really want. Imagine your perfect day and a picture of success. Think about your affirmations.
- Visualize who you need to be and what you need to do. See yourself engaging in the exercises you must complete and enjoying these tasks.
Your thoughts and feelings will align with your vision whenever you begin to visualize daily. It will lift your spirit and pull you towards your vision. It is a powerful aid to overcoming habits such as procrastination and taking necessary actions.
A vision board is a beneficial tool while doing visualization. Looking at it every day will increase your motivation level and increase focus. It will remind you to take the necessary actions to get real-time results.
E is for Exercise
Exercise must be a part of everyone’s daily routine. Exercise has many benefits, such as boosting energy, enhancing health levels, and improving self-confidence and emotional well-being. It also helps in thinking better and concentrating for a long time.
Exercise is essential, but the type depends on your choice. Whether you like to go to the gym, walk, run, or do yoga.
The author has been doing yoga for a long time as it is a complete form of exercise, including stretching, strength training, cardio, meditation, and focus breathing.
R is for Reading
Reading is the fastest way to gain the knowledge, ideas, or strategies to help the person achieve level 10 success in every area of life. The key is to learn from experts in every field who have already succeeded in that area.
The author suggests reading at least 10 pages per day; by this only, you can read 18 books of around 200 pages per year. It will improve your personal development and make you more knowledgeable and confident in the field in which you read the book.
Before reading each day, ask yourself what purpose you are reading for and keep the outcome in mind. You should always underline, circle, or highlight to get the most out of a book. It helps to recap the lessons or ideas without reading the entire book.
S is for Scribing
Scribing is another word for writing. It allows you to document your ideas, success, lessons learned, and personal growth and development areas in one place.
The author shared the benefits of keeping a daily, which are;
- — To write something, you need to look at it more, which will make it more transparent.
- — Important ideas that must be used or applied in the future should be written down.
- — You’ll see what you learned when you review your old journal.
- — You will feel motivated after rereading your journal and seeing how far you have come.
The Miracle Morning (60–Minute) Sample Schedule
The morning that changed our entire life. Using the life S.A.V.E.R.S.
- Silence (5 minutes)
- Affirmation (5 minutes)
- Visualization (5 minutes)
- Exercise (20 minutes)
- Reading (20 minutes)
- Scribing (5 minutes)
Total Time: 60 minutes
These activities are designed to help you become more centered, motivated, and productive throughout the day.
Chapter 7 – The Six-Minute Miracle Morning
The Six-Minute Miracle Morning is a powerful strategy for accelerating your personal development for those days when you’re extra busy and have less time.
The author provides a sample of six-minute routines:
- Minute One: wake up with a smiling face. Don’t rush to your routine; spend one minute in silence. Sit calmly and peacefully, and breathe deeply and slowly. Calm your mind, relax your body, and let your stress disappear.
- Minute Two: Take out your daily affirmations and read them thoroughly and aloud. By repeating it, you will get motivated for the day ahead to take the necessary action to fulfill the affirmation.
- Minute Three: Close your eyes or look at your vision board and visualize the day. You should visualize yourself enjoying your work, reaching your goal, and being happy with your family and friends.
- Minute Four: Write the things you are grateful or proud of. By doing this, a confident and inspired mind will be created.
- Minute Five: Take a self-help book and read one to two pages. By doing so, you must get a new idea that you can use to think and live better.
- Minute Six: Lastly, get up and move your body; just run in place or do push-ups. The heart rate should increase, which will help you to improve your alertness and focus ability.
Chapter 8 – Customizing Your Miracle Morning To Fit Your Lifestyle And Achieve Your Biggest Goals And Dreams
The Miracle Morning is 100% customizable. It depends on a person’s lifestyle. You must invest 30–60 minutes daily to improve and transform your life.
Be sure to align your miracle morning with your immediate goals. The Life S.A.V.E.R.S. can help you focus on your goals and progress towards your dreams. Mix things up to keep your miracle day fresh and exciting. Try new meditation exercises, mix up your workout routine, and create new visualizations or affirmations.
When you feel ready, you can progress your miracle morning to the weekend. Don’t feel like this has to be a Monday to Friday thing. The more you practice the miracle morning, the better you will feel.
Most people are used to eating food based on their taste or emotional attachment. We must ensure that we eat food with health benefits and energy levels. You are what you eat, remember? Take care of your body by eating good quality food, and it will take care of you by having no health issues.
A diet rich in fruits and vegetables increases energy levels and improves mental focus and emotional health.
Chapter 9 – From Unbearable To Unstoppable: The Secret To Forming Habits that Will Transform Your Life (IN 30 DAYS)
Habits create life. Habits are patterns of behavior that occur frequently and are usually unconscious.
If you don’t control your habits, they will control you.
We must find and keep the habits we need to succeed in our lives and remove the bad ones. It is tough to change habits, as we are addicted to our habits unless we have a practical or proven way to start.
According to the author, you can change any habit within 30 days with the right strategy.
[Days 1–10] Phase One: Unbearable
The first ten days of implementing a new habit or ridding any old habit can feel almost unbearable. The first few days can be easy and fun since it’s something fresh, but reality takes over once the freshness wears off.
You hate it. It’s painful. It is no longer enjoyable. The problem for most people is that they don’t realize that these seemingly unbearable first ten days are only “temporary”. As a result, 95% of our society fails, time and time again, to change the habits that would improve the quality of life.
[Days 11–20] Phase Two: Uncomfortable
While days 11–20 are not unbearable, they are still uncomfortable and will require discipline and commitment. You will be getting used to your new habit in this phase.
Stay committed. You have already gone from unbearable to uncomfortable.
[Days 21–30] Phase Three: Unstoppable
The final ten days are when you positively reinforce and associate pleasure with your new habit. This is the transformation phase, as your new habit becomes part of your identity. Now, you start enjoying your new habit, which you will continue.
Chapter 10 – The Miracle Morning 30-Day Life Transformation Challenge
When you commit to The Miracle Morning 30-Day Life Transformation Challenge, you will build a foundation for success in every area of your life for the rest of your life by waking up each morning and practicing.
In the Miracle Morning, you will begin each day with extraordinary levels of discipline, clarity, and personal development.
Are You Ready To Take Your Life To the Next Level?
What do you want to achieve in your personal or professional life? What areas need to be transformed to reach that level?
Give yourself the gift of investing just 30 days into improving your life significantly, one day at a time. No matter your past, you can change your future by changing the present.
Get an Accountability Partner. As we have already discussed, there is an undeniable link between accountability and success. All of us benefit from the support that comes from embracing a higher level of accountability, so it’s highly recommended—but not required—that you get a like-minded accountability partner to join you in The Miracle Morning 30-Day Life Transformation Challenge.
About Author Hal Elrod
Hal Elrod is a motivational speaker, writer, and coach. He is known for his teachings on personal development and has helped thousands of people improve their lives through his books, coaching, and speaking engagements.
Hal’s own life journey has been marked by both success and adversity.
After achieving financial success as a young sales professional, Hal faced a devastating car accident that left him with life-threatening injuries.
He is an excellent example of positive thinking and hard work that can help you achieve your goals.
Hal Elrod’s Life Journey
On 03 December 1999, the Author was riding his new Ford Mustang car, and he had a major accident with a truck because of a drunk driver. He was clinically dead, and after 6 minutes, his heart was able to get the oxygen in. Not only that, but he plunged into a coma for six days and, on waking up, got the news that he couldn’t walk again; after seven weeks of recovery, he was discharged from a hospital.
In 2000, Hal returned to his sales position at Cutco. He was still recovering physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially.
In 2001, the Author spoke to schools and colleges about how he got better and the lessons he learned. He got a positive response.
In 2002, his friend Jon encouraged him to write a book and inspire others. The author tried but stopped because he was not a writer.
In 2004, he was in a Sales Manager post, and his team did an impressive job and finished at #1 in the company.
In February 2005, at an official conference, he saw that despite being #1, he couldn’t achieve the highest annual award, ‘the coveted Rolex.’ The Author has decided to have more work this year, get the prize, and then quit the job to pursue his career as a life and business success coach. Despite the late start, he reached both the goals, the award and the book.
In the spring of 2006, Hal Elrod’s first book, ‘Taking Life Head On How: To Love the Life You Have While You Create the Life Of Your Dreams,’ hit the Amazon.
2006 the Author set up his business and started giving paid speeches. The youth loved him and gave him a name, ‘Yo Pal Hal.’
In 2007, the United States economy crashed, and the Author again hit rock bottom and was completely devastated. He tried so many ways to get out of it but failed.
In 2008, his friend advised him to start running, so he also started developing his personal development routine. It worked, and so he called this routine ‘Miracle Morning.’
In 2009, the Author married and had a baby girl; his career was going well. The Miracle Morning is also spreading worldwide through social media networks. Meanwhile, the Author started writing another book.
In 2012, The Miracle Morning was finally published. It quickly became the #1 Amazon bestseller book in just his first year of publication.
The author shared his story to motivate you to do more. Only you can eliminate all excuses to overcome any limitation that has held you back from achieving everything you want.
Everything is possible in life. You need to be focused and determined toward that work.
Read More : Ignite Your Purpose Book Summary, PDF, And Review (Author: JB Owen, Peter Giesin, Kjirsten Sigmund)
If you want to read the complete book, please follow this link.